|Job Title:||Windows Engineer|
|Contact Name:||SBO (+65 6560 3224)|
|Job Published:||January 13, 2021 10:40|
We are looking for a Windows Engineer, who is/are able to fulfill the following requirements:
Duration: 12 Months
Knowledge of Specific SW or Tool, Certification Requested:
- VMWare Virtualization
- Citrix StoreFront / Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- Microsoft Windows Servers - DNS, DHCP, AD
- Microsoft Exchange Servers
- Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- IBM ITM/Netcool/Tivoli
Knowledge, Skills and Education:
- Between 5 to 10yrs of working experience as Windows Server administration / VMWare Virtualization and Citrix Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- Ideally in vendor / system integrator / end-user / data centre background. No banking/financial industry experience required
- Experience in OS and application security patching in a data centre environment, both physical and virtualized environment
Resources Soft Skills Requested:
- Able to communicate well within the team and with external teams
- Team Player with initiatives
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Installs / upgrades of application servers (in-house application)
- Installs application and database client software on servers, to interface with application server in a client/server setup
- Configures Windows network load balancing and failover for application servers to ensure scalability and availability
- User administration on Windows systems including creates, modifies, and deletion of accounts, for user rights assignment and permission configurations, using Active Directory in a multi-domain setup
- Monitors and analyse system performance, detailing the system resource utilization versus user experiences and putting forth recommendations to improve users' experience, ensuring high level of availability and usability.
- Diagnoses and remediates operating systems and application issues, mainly leading the problem solving efforts involving external vendor team
- Scripting in Windows, to automate mundane daily routine tasks or repeatable installation tasks, with status reports on status of automated tasks, alerts on failed tasks and automated remedial actions for failed tasks.
- Plans and implement backup and recovery strategy for the systems, performing system recovery tests on a periodic basis.
- Plans with application management team and database administrator, to ensure all applications and databases installation and upgrades takes place with minimal impact.
- Implements system, applications, database and user configurations to comply with security policy
- Performs impact analysis for hardware / operating system updates, patches and configuration changes
- Writes and maintain technical system operating documents, detailing the systems functions, installation, configurations, backup and recovery procedures
- Work with external vendor team to deliver effective solutions (External vendor hosts the infrastructure)
- Conducts regular patching of Windows systems to reduce the risks of any vulnerabilities.
- Familiar with monitoring software and able to manage the monitoring software e.g. IBM ITM/Netcool/Omnibus
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with (JOB_001901) in Subject line and highlighting:
- Your relevant experience
- Current/expected salary
- Availability information
- A latest MS-WORD Resume