Unix Administration Lead
|Job Title:||Unix Administration Lead|
|Contact Name:||JLU (+65 6560 3224)|
|Job Published:||October 26, 2020 15:59|
We are looking for a Unix Administration Lead, who is/are able to fulfill the following requirements:
Duration: 12 Months
- Must have lead experience in Unix administration
- Primary Skill: Network Operations
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure on both development and production environment. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values.
- Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
Please send your application to email@example.com with (JOB_001837) in Subject line and highlighting:
- Your relevant experience
- Current/expected salary
- Availability information
- A latest MS-WORD Resume