|Job Title:||Principal Consultant|
|Contact Name:||SBO (+6565603224)|
|Job Published:||January 14, 2021 11:39|
We are looking for a Principal Consultant, who is/are able to fulfill the following requirements:
Duration: 12 Months
- Mandatory Technical skills:
-> At least 15 years’ experience in leading Data Center transformation, and workload migration projects.
-> Experience in different kind of infrastructure discovery tools with detailed understanding of service mapping, dependency mapping and upstream-downstream mapping.
-> Experience in using different migration tools and techniques (DoubleTake, PlateSpin, ASR, CloudEndure, VMware Convertor etc.)
-> Strong understanding of Hybrid Cloud infrastructure and architecture with some mid-level knowledge around different workload types and their characteristics.
-> Strong knowledge of re-platform related activities.
-> Strong knowledge of infrastructure component version upgrades (Migrating from Win2K8 to Win 2020 or DB upgrades etc.)
-> Create migration run books.
-> Create pre-migration, migration and post-migration checklists.
-> Do move group planning with downtime window plan.
-> Create cutover and failback plans.
-> Create migration test plans and go live plans.
-> Execute workload migrations.
-> Can handle team with different tracks like Compute, Storage, Backup, Security and Network.
-> Ability to drive discussions around compatibility, performance, cost, compliance in choosing the right target platform for migration.
-> Ability to drive discussions with application and business teams and agree on migration technology and schedule.
-> Responsible for tracking all the requirement called out by the client and respective stake holders including application and business owners.
-> Have a foresight visibility of all the migration risks and issues.
-> Client and stakeholder management.
-> Ability to identify risks and suggest mitigation plan.
- Nice to have skills:
-> A general understanding of manufacturing domain.
-> Basic scripting knowledge.
-> Have executed end to end workload migrations in at least 5-6 hybrid cloud engagements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Infrastructure and workload discovery.
- Infrastructure and workload assessment.
- Application and workload dependency mapping.
- Move group planning.
- Migration wave plans.
- Migration run book creation.
- Execution of migration.
- Conduct UAT.
- Cutover and go live activities.
- Migration risk and Issue management.
- Client and stakeholder management.
- Provide inputs to PMO teams for proper planning.
- Milestone tracking and dependency management.
- Guide and lead the migration team
- Take ownership of people and their performance management in the project with the objective of ensuring the highest level of service offerings to the clients within their domain, service and technology area.
- Facilitate requirement gathering interviews, conduct workshops, review documentation done by team, ensure traceability, follow up with different teams to ensure sign offs from stakeholders.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with (JOB_002044) in Subject line and highlighting:
- Your relevant experience
- Current/expected salary
- Availability information
- A latest MS-WORD Resume