Mainframe WAS Administrator
|Job Title:||Mainframe WAS Administrator|
|Contact Name:||SJH (+6565603224)|
|Job Published:||October 20, 2021 11:01|
We are looking for a Mainframe WAS Administrator, who is/are able to fulfill the following requirements:
Duration: 6 Months
- 10+ years of experience as WAS Administrator
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Installation of Websphere 8.5.5 using Installation Manager and SMP/E
- Migration of J2EE applications from 7.0 to WAS 8.5.
- Creation of Cell configurations.
- Configuring of Vertical and Horizontal Clustering on the Application nodes.
- Implemented Security to the existing WebSphere Cells.
- Work with development teams to identify opportunities for performance optimization within the Mainframe Systems.
- Provide support of mission critical systems and serve as primary point of contact for coordination and resolution of HTTP web server, Websphere application server, and database issues with J2EE applications.
- Perform production backups and recovery of Datasets, ZFS and VSAM files using GDG's.
- Perform tuning and troubleshooting of Websphere application server, and HTTP web server.
- Creating and deploying broker archive files.
- Develop custom Jython Sripts and ESQL codes for daily operations ,computations and mappings.
- Apply Maintenance Fix patches , Upgrade Websphere application server using SMP/E.
- Develop and Implement custom REXX scripts and JCL jobs for daily operations.
- Working on the transition for IBM Operational Decision Manager.
- Developed JYTHON scripts to enable the developer audience to configure websphere settings in-lieu of the applications, outside of the Admin Console
- Implemented backup of the config file systems of the existing WebSphere configuration and automated the batch process using JCL and GDG's.
- Hardware: IBM z Series, HTTP and APACHE Server, DB2, and Windows 2003Server. Languages: Java, JCL, SQL, Jython, ESQL,REXX, Databases: IBM DB2 exposure , IBM IMS exposure Middleware: IBM WebSphere MQ exposure ,Websphere Application Server Performance Monitors: CA WILY Introscope, BMC Mainview for WAS, Tivoli Performance Viewer
- Software: IBM SMP/E, IBM WebSphere on z/OS Versions 7, 8, and 8.5 , IBM Installation Manager, IBM WebSphere Compute Grid, WebSphere Online local adapter, IBM Rational Asset Analyzer, BMC Mainview for WebSphere, CA Wily Introscope for WebSphere, CA-Output Management Web Viewer, CA-Output Management Document Viewer, ISPF/TSO,MVS/ESA JCL, Remedy Change Management and Ticket Reporting, MS Office Professional Word, Excel, Access
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with (JOB_002676) in Subject line and highlighting:
- Your relevant experience
- Current/expected salary
- Availability information
- A latest MS-WORD Resume
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's