Mainframe Storage Administration
|Job Title:||Mainframe Storage Administration|
|Contact Name:||SJH (+6565603224)|
|Job Published:||July 29, 2021 16:43|
We are looking for a Mainframe Storage Administration, who is/are able to fulfill the following requirements:
Duration: 6 Months
- 7 – 10 years of experience supporting IBM Mainframe Storage (DASD & Tape).
- Experience in IBM Mainframe Storage Management, Communications, and Storage Based Replication
- Good knowledge of IBM z/OS operating systems and systems administration concepts
- Experience with IBM z/OS, DFSMS, IBM DS8000 DASD, IBM TS77xx and VTS is required
- CA Vantage Storage Resource Manager GDPS, or REXX experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to learn new concepts and technologies as well as a personal commitment to stay current with latest technology concepts
- Good problem-solving, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Identifies and resolves less clearly defined problems using established procedures and/or protocols as guidelines
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and trustworthiness within key executive stakeholders in client organization
- Ability to quickly produce PowerPoint slides which are both content rich, succinct and visually appealing
- High Analytical skills
- A high degree of initiative and flexibility
- High customer orientation
- High Quality awareness
Roles and Responsibilities:
- As the IBM Mainframe Storage Administrator, you will be responsible for the daily operations of our IBM z systems.
- The goal of this position is to maintain maximum availability of our IBM Storage environment.
- You will independently drive project processes, deliverables and contribute to manage Storage landscape.
- You will have the opportunity to shape value-adding consulting solution on their strategy that enable our client to meet the changing needs of their global business landscape and future proof their landscape.
- In this role you will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued
- Perform Storage health checks
- Storage report generation and documentation
- Monitor and maintenance of Storage & backup jobs
- Monitor and maintenance of Control data sets
- Monitoring & maintenance of SMS, non-SMS, pools
- DASD management using DFSMShsm, CA-allocate, CA-Disk,etc.
- DASD Administration (Data backup, restore/recovery,Archive/recall)
- Restoration of User and system data from archives
- DASD reclaim from unused datasets in the system
- DASD Initialization
- DASD reclaim stragegy and procedures development
- Catalog & ACS routine management
- Capacity planning and Performance management
- DASD replication setup and monitoring
- DASD reorganization, device connections and decommission
- Monitor and change backup strategies as needed
- Monitor and change Archive strategies as needed
- DR planning and implementation
- Define and create Data sharing environments
- Tape management
- Establish Storage connectivity between Enterprise storage stack
- Plan & perform Storage migrations
- Plan and perform Storage upgrades
- Research and recommend solutions to improve business performance and/or reduce cost.
- Configure, test, debug and document device and software configurations, as appropriate.
- Maintain compliance to all IT policies and procedures.
- Maintain 24x7 availability to address critical business and/or IT issues
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with (JOB_002674) in Subject line and highlighting:
- Your relevant experience
- Current/expected salary
- Availability information
- A latest MS-WORD Resume