Linux System Administrator
|Job Title:||Linux System Administrator|
|Contact Name:||SJH (+65 6560 3224)|
|Job Published:||January 15, 2020 15:55|
We are looking for a Linux System Administrator, who is/are able to fulfill the following requirements:
Duration: 12 Months
- With at least 9 years of experience
- Experience with Linux servers
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of Linux scripting languages
- Experience installing, configuring and maintaining services such as Bind, Apache, MySQL, nginx, etc.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform performance tuning, hardware upgrades
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with (JOB_001262) in Subject line and highlighting:
- Your relevant experience
- Current/expected salary
- Availability information
- A latest MS-WORD Resume