Backup/ Storage Engineer
|Job Title:||Backup/ Storage Engineer|
|Contact Name:||SBO (+65 6560 3224)|
|Job Published:||January 13, 2021 10:40|
We are looking for a Backup/ Storage Engineer, who is/are able to fulfill the following requirements:
Duration: 12 Months
Knowledge of Specific SW or Tool, Certification Requested:
- HP 3PAR storage
- HDS storage
- Veritas NetBackup
- IBM TSM Backup
Knowledge, Skills and Education:
- Between 5 to 10yrs of working experience as backup and storage
- Ideally in vendor / system integrator / end-user / data centre background. No banking/financial industry experience required
- Experience in implementing and operating backup and storage in data centre environment, both physical and virtualized environment
Resources Soft Skills Requested:
- Able to communicate well within the team and with external teams
- Team Player with initiatives
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Good understanding of Datacenter, SAN, NAS, Disk Arrays, De-duplication, Backup Technologies, Fabric, HBA, MPIO, Encryption, OS and Storage Virtualization concepts.
- Works closely with operations, application, network, security, DBA, and vendor teams to develop scalable and secured backup and storage architectures that meet business objectives and set relevant service-level agreements
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures for disaster recovery and archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of server based data and configuration, and devices configurations.
- Develops and maintain policies and procedures for backups and restores, including monitoring the performance, success, and/or failure of these tasks.
- Develops and maintains policies and procedures for storage and backup vs change management, availability management and incident/problem management.
- Develops and maintains policies and procedures pertaining to offsite tape storage and tape movement from offsite location.
- Ensures adherence to service level agreements regarding data recoverability. Anticipates, identifies, and oversees mitigation and response to data recoverability problems and retrieval issues.
- Ensures data backup and retention measures comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting backup failures through viewing the variety of reports, remediating job failures or delays with appropriate actions
- Performs the capacity planning required to maintain the backup and storage infrastructure.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with (JOB_001902) in Subject line and highlighting:
- Your relevant experience
- Current/expected salary
- Availability information
- A latest MS-WORD Resume